All Real is made with everyday athletes in mind. That’s why we’re excited to celebrate International Yoga Day on June 21, 2021. The pandemic has had an enormous impact on physical and mental health, so this year’s International Yoga Day is all about Yoga for well-being.
Benefits of Yoga
Yoga has many physical and psychological benefits including:
- Improved flexibility
- Through slow movements and lots of practice, Yoga poses can stretch your muscles and help you develop a wider range of motion over time
- Back pain relief
- Certain yoga poses – like cat-cow – can help reduce muscle tension and ease discomfort for those suffering from back pain
- Benefits for heart health
- Regular yoga practice may help reduce inflammation in the body and lower blood pressure
- Stress and anxiety reduction and management
- Controlled breathing and meditative techniques associated with yoga practice have been found to reduce stress, and some studies have shown that yoga can reduce the secretion of the primary stress hormone, cortisol
- Better night’s sleep
- Practicing yoga before bed can help relax the mind and set you up for a better night’s sleep
- Sense of well-being and increased mindfulness
- Yoga practice stresses the importance of remaining present, quieting the mind and getting in tune with your breath
So, whether you’ve never stepped foot on a yoga mat or you’re a full-fledged yogi, take five minutes today to decompress in child’s pose or knock out a 30-minute flow. You’ll feel better for it.
What do you love about practicing yoga? Let us know in the comments below.